Covid-19 Safety Procedures
The following is a detailed list of how KDA plans to implement regulations set by the State of Pennsylvania and the CDC. Please note that this is an ever changing situation and this page will be updated as regulations change. If you have any questions or concerns with this information, please e-mail the studio directly or call our office with your concerns. The health and well-being of our students and their families is our top priority.
- Dancers and anyone entering the studio must wear masks at all times.
- We will be performing temperature checks at the door (all staff will be checked as well). Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to go home.
- Dancers will be asked to sanitize hands when they enter, exit, and possibly during class if we see them touching their masks.
- Waiting Room Changes:
A – The waiting room has turned into a “dancers only” waiting area and is closed to parents until further notice so that dancers can spread out while they wait.
B – Young dancer parents can drop off their dancer at the entrance and make sure they are settled with a teacher, student teacher, or receptionist before leaving.
C – Exception is the parents of 3 and 4 year olds who may have someone wait only if needed. We highly recommend making sure to have them use the restroom before class.
D- All dancers will have either a student teacher or receptionist walk them to the bathroom if needed. Again, we highly recommend making sure your child uses the bathroom before coming to class.
- Please only have your dancer bring what they absolutely need. Bags and shoes need to fit into a cubby. Our receptionists have a system for cubby use and cleaning so that there is sanitizing between dancers. There will be designated locations for where your child’s class will have their cubby each day.
- There is a max limit of dancers in each studio. The space allows for 14 dancers in Studio A and 18 dancers in Studio B. However, we have decided it is in the best interest of both dancers and teachers to allow only 10-12 in Studio A (determined by style of dance) and 14 in Studio B.
- The dance studio floors have been marked off with tape, as have barre spots. Each student will have at the least a 7ft x 8ft box to stand inside.
- Please only have your dancer arrive a few minutes before class to alleviate extra waiting time.
- All touch points will be cleaned constantly by staff. Ballet barres will be cleaned between every class in which they are used.
- We will continue to live stream all dance classes on Zoom. Any student may take their classes virtually if they choose. We are installing new equipment this week that will streamline the in-studio process for our teachers it and will hopefully improve the experience for both dancers and teachers.
- PLEASE! If your dancer or anyone in your family is feeling ill, DO NOT come to the studio. Dancers can always virtually take their class instead.
We thank you very much for your cooperation and flexibility during this time!